Saturday, July 10, 2010

Finding the translations and cooking

We are getting better at putting our new life in order and one of my goals was to continue my workout schedule at the gym. Yes, we did find a gym only a 15 minute walk or 10 minute bike ride, its not elaborate but the staff is friendly and helpful and will help if you ask, in Italian of course. For three days now Jim and I have muddled around and finally I decided to get serious, I needed to know how to convert kilos to pounds. I was never a math whiz so Jim tried to explained to the trainer that the bar and weights needs to add up to 50 lbs for chest press, when we finally got that figured out and through the first translation everything else fell into place. Now I know what I am doing and this little accomplishment really made my day.

Of course one of the best things about Italy is the food. Senigallia is on the sea so the fish and seafood is exquisite. We can walk to the shrimp boats in the morning and get the days catch right from the net. The other day Jim and I decided to make fresh Mussels (which we have never made) and Pasta with Marinara sauce, we had so much fun and it turned out great. Here in Senigallia I have turned the corner and really learning how to cook Italian, even my mother would be impressed.

No comments:

Post a Comment