Saturday, July 3, 2010

It was an slow day waiting to see if the airport would call about our bags, finally decided we are just going to bite the bullet and go tomorrow. Hopefully Rome has sent our bags to Ancona only 15 minutes away but since there is no one in lost baggage claim until Monday, a visit is our only choice.

So the thing about Italy which is really great is the sleeping thing in the middle of the day and then at about 5 pm everyone starts their day AGAIN and has dinner somewhere between 8-9, after that everyone is outside until midnight! Kids, babies, old people, everyone. There were two concerts tonight, the first which started about 10:30 was a pretty cool kinda Italian Rap mixed in with a little heavy metal, I think I'll call it Ratal. It was packed with the younger set and lots of fun. Then at 12:00 Italy's favorite female vocalist, no I don't know her name but I will find out. There were lots of revolutionary type stuff in some of the booths so I think she is a little like Joan Baez in her early years. It was a live concert that was broadcast and a really big deal. I stood under the sound stage and got a pretty good look at everything. Both concerts took us all of about 3 minutes to walk too since we are in the center of the old city. What a treat to have live entertainment every night for free! Jim and I have been cooking, its easy everything is made with olive oil, lemon and garlic. Did I mention the wine is good and cheep and the cheese awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment