Sunday, July 4, 2010

Mission accomplished we now have our bags, I am quite relieved. Got back front he airport and jumped into our bathing suits and headed for the beach. I hate cold water and would rather just look at the water no matter how hot I am if its too cold. The Adriatic is not a bathtub like the turquoise Caribbean but its close, the best is I could see all the way to to bottom, the water is a light green color and so clear I could see my toes even with the water up to my neck. Did a fabulous power walk in the water, it was good. Came home got unpacked (finally) and headed out for some more exploring. An observation that Jim and I have made is that there are a substantial amount of kids here and they act like kids but they don't scream, they are not out of control nor do they act wild or throw tantrums. Jim is convinced its diet, these kids are not loaded with sugar or unnatural hormones or preservatives.

Something very sane about this way of life, everyone rides a bicycle, in fact there are more bikes on the road than cars. No helmets but for some reason it seems O.K. no one is in a race, its just how you get from one place to another. Our hosts left us two bikes, we are doing a long ride tomorrow morning.

There is a spinning class on the beach tomorrow and Jim and I are going to see how we do.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Joan and Jim,

    For some reason today is the first day I got an email about the blog (SOo-o-o-o-o happy you are doing this!!) so I got to catch up with the goings on. Yea-a-a-a-a-a...it actually happened...you guys did it and it sounds exactly like what you wanted if not better. Walled city, fresh markets, bikes galore, beckoning water..music at beck and call and LOTS of naps without guilt. The perfect days we designed so long ago. It just gives me the shivers for you guys. (glad the suitcases were finally found with all your new skinny clothes!)

    I took the most beautiful bike ride 15 miles from here up along the New Hampshire coast...One of the most beautiful rides I've ever taken...backroads quality...can't wait to take you guys there one day.

    All is well here. Norm started his weeklong vacation today and we went out in the new canoe for the first time starting right at the end of our block around 4;00pm among the birds and marshes in a great breeze...he got me a back for my seat and it was very relaxing that way...he has a small motor so he can fish...this is something he's thought about for 3 years here and I am glad he finally did it.

    Things are going smoother at work for a few different reasons...some him, some her...we'll see.

    Don't forget to celebrate July 4th (discreetly, of course (Have a Whopper, a Starbucks and a sparkler)

    I'm eager to hear how the spinning on the beach was.

    Love, Linda and Norm

    ReplyDelete